Onondaga Art Guild
Welcome to the Onondaga Art Guild, a community of artists who have found advantages in banding together for strengthening the interests of art in our community.
The Onondaga Art Guild was founded over fifty years ago by a group of dedicated artists who met at the old Everson Museum on James Street in Syracuse,NY.
The purpose of the Onondaga Art Guild is to promote artistic skills and interest in the fine arts through education and practice.
Membership is open to all persons who seek enrichment in the art of painting and drawing and the promotion of fine arts.
We invite you to attend three meetings as our guest. At the third meeting you are welcome to join the Guild. The Guild offers its members a variety of activities and social events through out the year. in return, it is hoped that the members will avail themselves of the opportunity to serve the Guild to further enhance their artistic growth,
The Guild seeks venues for both juried and non juried exhibitions. Typically, there are two or three exhibition opportunities each year.
Other Guild Benefits
* There is a monthly news letter that effectively keeps the membership informed of Guild activities and member accomplishments.
* The Guild traditionally sponsors one workshop each year. All Guild members ( and guests, if space permits) are invited to attend.
* Our monthly meeting features a demonstration or presentation by a recognized expert in some aspect of the fine arts world.
* The Guild maintains an art library, featuring books and videos of interest to members.
* Field trips are arranged when there is interest.
* The Guild owns display panels and associated hardware for display at of art at art shows. These are available at a reasonable rent to members.
* The Guild has initiated an annual Scholarship, given to a graduating art student in one of the Syracuse City high schools.
* In 2002, the Guild initiated what has become an annual "paint out", at which members gather in a different neighborhood each year to paint outside. The results of this event are then hung in a neighborhood branch library. If possible a local school art program is invited to the opening,
* For social interaction, there is a holiday dinner party each December and a picnic in June.
WON"T YOU JOIN US ?
We look forward to your participation in OAG and welcome your talents and creativity as well as any suggestions you may have for future programs and /or activities that strengthen the importance of art in our lives.
The Onondaga Art Guild meets at 7pm on the first Tuesday of each month, September through May, at the Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 400 Yates Street in East Syracuse, NY.
For more information contact:
Barbara Kiernan -membership: (315) 637-0661
Onondaga Art Guild Blog Oct 2008