Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Featured Artist: Gale Shuba



It's a Cat Thing, 8x10" color pencil by Gale Shuba
I am retired and spend most of my free time with drawing. I started out with pastels and water soluble oils.  Then, I tried color pencils and fell in love with them.  I still bounce around sometimes, depending on my subject matter.  If I do pastels or oils for awhile, I yearn to get back to my color pencils.
I love to paint animals and will do them on commission.  I also love painting landscapes and flowers.  I work from photos and look for the unusual, like the cat.  I love what I do but still consider myself a work in progress.  
 
Gale Shuba


Green Frog 5x7" pastel
Oh, the Colors,  5x7" color pencil


Horse Play, 8x10" color pencil
 
 
Old Barn
Southwest Landscape 10x8" pastel
Stormy Seas, 16x20" oil


 

No comments: