Monday, February 7, 2011

Featured Artist: Dee Gage

After retiring from a career in commercial art, I returned to
painting. I was born in Michigan. I studied at the Detroit Society
of Arts and Crafts and later at the Art Students League of NYC. I
continue to attend workshops.
My watercolors and acrylics have won awards consistently at the
Canastota Canal Town Museum, Rome Community Art Center Show, our annual Onondaga Art Guild shows, and others. I have had one-woman shows at the Old Forge Library, and in Syracuse at the Paine Branch Library and Betts Branch Library.
In my paintings I try to project beauty and serenity as a counter force to the stresses we all experience.

L-R: Early Spring Pond, Farmhouse in Winter












L-R: Autumn Walk, Frozen Stream













L-R : Black-Eyed Susans, Windowbox


No comments: